Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today's ride results. 10-09-2011

Todays ride savage wind

Iv been out in Southern France now for 3 weeks focusing on my bike and run training. Iv come from a running background and found the transition to bike and run seamless.

This training camp was for me to learn about riding with a power meter and the importance of  keeping focused on figures.
The power meter is a new addition to my training kit, which has been kindly loaned to me by my coach Ben Ward of Team Solo. Thanks Ben ;-).

As i mounted my bike and set off, the first thing that hit me was how savage the head wind was, which to many is the enemy, but not me. I infact love head winds and hills, what don't kill us makes us stronger....or so they say!!!!!

Today's ride was to focus on over gearing up hill's as i approached a nice incline i shifted gears to the highest possible gear which i could keep turning at 50-60 rpm. I would over gear the distance of the hill and spin up very easy  once over the top to make a full recovery.

During the first 30 minutes of my ride (the warm up phase) i was struggling big time and wondering weather todays ride should be cut dramaticly short, however as the legs got warm and i got comfy everything started to improve. Iv been making little tweaks to my training bike over the past few days and i think iv got it about perfect, iv been tweaking seat positioning back and forth.

The area i was riding today wasn't an area im familiar with so the route was made up as i went, im not in a hilly region of France but its far from flat.

My ride was a nice loop consisting of 62km in a time of  1-52.

Here are the results from the power meter:

Average's

RPM 83.
KMH 32.
Watts 194.

Maximum

RPM 107.
KMH 55.3.
Watts 745.

Todays ride was a tough one for me. When i need to dig deep and find that extra kick to get me home, there is only one thing on my mind and thats my recovery shake and my Compressport full legs.
I use PhD Synergy Iso 7 the Chocolate Orange flavour. It gives me everything my body needs to recover along with my Compressport clothing.

For all your supplements visit   http://www.solosupplements.co.uk/.

Thanks to Gary at Solo for all my sports nutrition.
I would also like to thank my friends Steve and Jakie friendship at Boysaway carping, they have very kindly offered me somewhere to stay over the past 3 weeks during my training camp. For  lakeside accommodation and very good carp fishing please check out  http://www.boysaway-carping.com/.

Thanks for taking time to look at my blog   JB.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,

    Nice blog! I'll mention it at next SRC .

    keep on training u lucky sod!!!!!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice fish! And a good-looking compression sock too :P

    ReplyDelete