Friday, April 5, 2013

Tri smile training camp

Welcome to my training camp blog in Lloret de mar Spain.

This camp was booked last minute after 4 weeks of training in poor conditions at home I decided I needed some miles in the bank.

After a few Skype conversations,many emails and a few begging phone calls I'd rung Mallorca,Estonia,Lanzarote,and Portugal with not much luck,I then sent a SMS to Ain Alar and he was just leaving Club la Santa heading for Lloret,if I could help lead the bike groups there was a place on camp for me.

I did no more than book my flight,pack my bike,and head for Gatwick.

Day 1
We awoke to heavy rain so after meeting for breakfast me and Ben Price decided a pool session was in order to see if the rain would clear.
We swum for around 1 hour and covering 2900 mtrs.

We then decided to head out on the bikes to see if we could find some sun.....this unfortunately didn't happen and we rode for 70km we found some good hills or are they called mountains over here!!!!!!.

The whole ride it rained and the roads were throwing up some serious spray.
So that was day 1 complete 2 very wet riders and 2 serious filthy bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment